Shannon Falls, August 2012

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blank

I'm beginning to think this is the mind of an 8th grader --->


















See that? It's a big, EMPTY space. Don't get me wrong, I totally realize I'm stereotyping. But I have also realized that most are incapable of reading (and goodness knows, following) directions, turning a paper over to see if anything is on the back, letting me or any other teacher finish speaking before raising a hand with at least 3 questions (all of which were most likely previously answered, but someone wasn't listening!), getting to class on time, going an entire day with cursing or letting a "That's what she said." fly, and completing an assignment without complaining about it. Because I'm tired, I know I'm leaving something out, but you get my drift.

I'm fairly positive my blood pressure shoots through the roof with my 4th period. I'm so tired of the whining, the blank or missing assignments, and repeating myself at least 8 times per class. Biding my time, that's all I can say.

2 comments:

Katie A. said...

I commend you for teaching at all. There's no way I'd have the will power or patience to not kill some of my students if I was a teacher. I will be praying for you and hope that things start to look up soon!

tpillstrom said...

Let me introduce you to my new policy...it's amazing! *If I have to tell you more than once to do/stop doing something, I will immediately ask you to take out your phone and we will call your mom in front of the class and you will eplain to her that you are being disrespectful and why you choose to act this way in class. Then I will speak to her infront of the class. Oh, you don't have a phone? (yeah right) Then we will have someone watch my class and you and I will use the principal's phone to call mom and tell her all of the above!*
I've done it 4 times and it's awesome! I'm shocked at how "big" they are until they get their hiney chewed in front of their friends! btw...I can't take credit for this one...someone else suggested it!