Monday, April 27, 2009
Posted by Jamie Ainsworth at 6:33 PM
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Born: 4/24/09 at 5:09 PM (so much for a lunchtime "expected" delivery by Dr. Sams!)
Weight: 9 lbs. 4 oz. (a far cry from the "smaller" baby we thought we were having; even the dr. was quite surprised when Hayden arrived!)
Length: 22 stinking inches! (I had either said he was completely stretched out for quite some time or he was incredibly long; it was both!)
Hayden William Ainsworth is perfect! He has a tiny, tiny, tiny hole in one chamber of his heart. The ped on call said he heard a heart murmur when he checked him out Friday night---I knew heart murmurs are fairly common. Due to me having group B strep, Hayden had a little bit of temp when he was born. If his temp had been 100.5, no other tests would have been run. Baby boy's temp? 100.6. Yep, 1/10 of a degree. So tests and blood work have been run since he got here, but all the levels that were slightly up are back to normal. We'll still be here through Monday since the ped wanted him to have a solid 48 hours of antibiotics. As of now, we're the only family left!
Hayden is content nearly all the time; the nursery nurses have loved him. Today he panicked for the first time when we couldn't get the food factory going fast enough. Yesterday, he ate well, but with long lengths inbetween feedings. The medicines and tests made him just want to sleep. He doesn't liked to be moved once he's settled and he hates the hat the hospital has put on his head! He won't be wearing many 0-3 month clothes, and we seriously have to reevaluate the shoe situation when we get home. He coos while he sleeps (just like David), and he is the spitting image of his daddy! We're using David's computer here at the hospital, so when I get home, I'll put pictures up as I can. He's fun simply to look at and admire and love!
Posted by Jamie Ainsworth at 12:57 PM
Thursday, April 23, 2009
This morning I had my final drs. appt. as a pregnant woman. WOW. Due to my blood pressure skyrocketing (I'm always below normal, even pregnant) and my swollen ankles being a nice pinkish/red color, Dr. Sams worried about toxemia. So he decided that we need to go on and get Hayden here. We're going in tonight about 10:30/11:00 to do paperwork and get settled, then we're starting pitocin (spell check) at 5 AM, and Dr. Sams plans to break my water at 7. My world is about to turn upside down.
I had to go to work after our appt. this morning because I thrive on routine. I needed the schedule so I didn't bother David all day and pace the floor of my house, fretting. It helped the day pass and kept my mind occupied. I texted David that tonight was our last official night as a "couple." We've known this was coming for 9 months, but somehow it just hits you square in the face. We'll go to the hospital as 2 and leave as 3! Amazing! I have a human life inside of me that tomorrow I will hold and love on in my arms. I'm a million different emotions right now, but blessed is at the top.
Posted by Jamie Ainsworth at 8:36 PM
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Posted by Jamie Ainsworth at 7:05 PM
Monday, April 20, 2009
Today, Hayden gave us a little scare. I realized about lunchtime that I hadn't felt my son move in a few hours. I was also having a few other pains that I hadn't experienced before. Both David and my mom suggested I call the dr. So there I was at 2 pm, sitting in the drs. office when I should have been teaching! Well, this was more important, but you know what I mean. They hooked me up to a heart monitor and for almost an hour we listened and watched. It took a good half hour before he really began any movement. His heartrate was fairly consistent in the 160s and would dip into the 150s. When Hayden began moving again, Dr. Sams was pleased and decided to wait until my appt. Thursday morning before we take any more steps. I honestly don't know at this point if I'll make it to Thursday, but that's not for me to decide. I have so many emotions right now. It was quite a mentally and emotionally draining afternoon. Guess I'll just relax this evening and go back to work tomorrow and continue waiting. How is it that even when I know God knows best and His timing is perfect I still doubt so much? With Hayden, decisions, finances, everything. I can never shut my mind off. I want to revel in this time but all I can dwell on are other issues. How do I honestly, truly, completely let it go? And if you're going to say, "Just do it. Just let it go," please don't. This is a battle I've fought my entire life.
Posted by Jamie Ainsworth at 6:11 PM
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Well, I'm holding consistently at 3 1/2 centimeters. Dr. Sams said the earliest (barring anything unexpected happening sooner) he would have Hayden born is next Friday. If my blood pressure stays low like it has been and there's no distress to baby boy, we'll go as long as May 1. David and I are talking about whether we'd like to go on and get him here or what. Decisions, decisions. But that's where we are.
Posted by Jamie Ainsworth at 4:25 PM
Monday, April 13, 2009
So my fellow co-workers have "assured" me Hayden will be here before the week is out! We'll see how true that is. If they're correct, I have MUCH to do school-wise before giving birth! Yikes!!
Hayden is steadily dropping a little each day; it's funny to watch him getting lower and lower. He's still pretty active and making it hard for me to breathe, but he's definitely not as high. Now I just have to get my principal on the bandwagon and get things taken care of. It was very difficult to go back to work today; another female teacher who had a baby in November asked why I didn't just go ahead and get my dr. to write me an excuse to just be out the rest of the year. 1. I need to work every day I can. 2. Nothing is ready for me to be out!
If I was a bettin' woman, it would be interesting to see who actually won the pool for Hayden's birthday! Mommy. WOW.
Posted by Jamie Ainsworth at 8:12 PM
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Yep, we're at 3 centimeters dilation folks. After a significant weight gain last visit due to swelling, I hadn't gained anything this week. Last week I also wasn't dilated at all. I did test positive for group B strep, so I'll have to be treated during birth for it, but Dr. Sams said it's normal and no big deal. No worries. At this point Hayden could come and I wouldn't be stopped. Dr. Sams said I should go into labor on my own and he expects the birth to be pretty easy since this whole pregnancy has been so smooth. Guess we'll see. I don't feel any anxiety or worry about the process, and I'm trusting God for the timing. The dr. won't let me go past my due date, but I don't foresee Hayden coming tonight or tomorrow. Then again, I'm not God. I really believe Hayden is long--either that, or he's really stretched out. Dr. Sams could feel Hayden sitting down low, but he hasn't dropped yet. I'm so ready to meet baby boy, but a couple more weeks of him hanging out inside would be wonderful!
Posted by Jamie Ainsworth at 1:33 PM