Shannon Falls, August 2012

Monday, August 18, 2008

Better Day

It was definitely a Monday, but compared to the Thursday and Friday I had last week, today was a blessing. I had a little heart-t0-heart with each of my classes. I also implemented Positive Points today. Let me explain---each class starts with 100 points. Together as a class they are responsible for keeping or losing those points. For every negative word or groan or complaint that I hear I subtract a point. If I hear "shut up" or "stupid" or "dumb" I take away 5 points. My classes are already into the 80's! And this is after only one day! They can, however, earn some of their points back if they catch me being negative. So far? Ainsworth--100 and you know the rest. But it does seem to be working.

In other news, we're having dinner for the family here tonight. I really do like having people come over. Come visit!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a great plan together. Wish we were close enough to drop in and join you.

Take care,
Aunt G