Shannon Falls, August 2012

Friday, August 23, 2013

Busy

I don't think I cherished the days I had this summer to spend outdoors with Hayden, watch tv, and sleep past 5:40! Don't get me wrong--I thrive on a busy schedule; I get so much more done. But we are BUSY.

David is coaching football (and basketball this winter) at my school, serving as student pastor at a church, and is a seminary student. We leave our house before 7 and, on a good, day, we're home a little after 5. Then it's a rush to repack lunches, cook supper, clean out bookbags, and make sure everything is ready for the next day before Hayden heads to bed. I foresee many late nights in the near future as papers and tests start really rolling!

We love living in TX. I plan to cherish my Friday nights (as much as I can) and not do any work, if possible. I feel I live two completely separate lives right now, though. This summer, Hayden and my only friends were here on campus; now I spend more time at TCA (school) than I do at home. I love working at a Christian school. We start each day with devotion; I can't believe what a difference that makes.

I know I'm not the student at Southwestern, but I feel even more distanced with the amount of time I spend away from campus. I also realize we're still relatively "new." Everything takes time. But I'm SO thankful for my job at TCA (and for very gracious, understanding students!).

0 comments: